“With believers in every time and place, we rejoice that nothing in life or in death can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
– Excerpt from The Brief Statement of Faith of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
What We Believe
As a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA),
- We believe in the sovereignty of the Triune God, who we know as Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s Son, who proclaimed the good news of the gospel and offered himself as the means of salvation for the world.
- We believe that our knowledge of God and of God’s purpose for humanity comes from the Bible – particularly what is revealed through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that our salvation through Jesus is God’s generous gift to us, and not the result of our own accomplishments or works.
- We believe that all that we have and all that we are are gifts from God, and we respond with gratitude as we seek to live as Christ’s faithful disciples.
- We believe that the church is called in its ministries to “do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God.” (Micah 6:8)
- We believe in the “Priesthood of all Believers,” which means that all of us – clergy and laypeople alike – are called to share the Good News of God’s Love with the world.
Our History at Reid
Reid Memorial can trace its roots to 1879 when a community Sunday School and church building was completed to serve the small Summerville population. The young community already had Wednesday evening services at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Summerville.
What It’s Like to Visit Reid Memorial
Opportunities for Worship, Study & Service
- Sunday Worship Service: 10:30am
- Children’s Church: Immediately following the Children’s Message in worship
- Sunday School: 9:30am-10:15am
- Elementary Bible Study: Sundays from 9:30-10:15 am
- Youth Group: Sundays at 4:00 pm
- Bell Choir: Sundays from 6:00-7:15 pm
- Solas: Tuesdays at 9:00 am
- Isaiah Bible Study: Tuesdays at 7:00 pm
- Children’s Choir: Wednesdays at 5:00 pm
- Preschool Bible Study: Wednesdays 5:00-6:00 pm
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays at 5:15pm-6:15pm
- Chancel Choir: Wednesdays at 5:15pm-8:30pm