Mothers Day Out/Pre-School
Need to reach us? Give us a call: (706) 737-4414
- Instructions for MDO registration
- Mothers Day Out Application Form 2017-18
- Pre-School Registration Form 2017-18
The Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church Mother's Day Out and Preschool have been teaching children throughout the community for over forty years. As a non-profit Christian outreach service of the church, quality childcare and education are provided in a Christian atmosphere. Classes are designed to encourage each child to develop spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually as appropriate for his/her own age level and pace.
Learning is fostered through Christian example, group and individual teacher-directed learning activities, creative activities, and free play.
These programs are in session from mid-August through mid-May and students 3 months old through 4-pre-kindergarten are eligible to attend.
Infants to Twos
Infants (Three months by Sept. 1)
Our infant room teachers provide a warm loving atmosphere in which infants are nurtured. Activities in our nursery provide for free play as well as teacher-infant play. (All nursing babies must easily accept a bottle.)
Toddlers (10-17 months by Sept. 1 and 17-24 months by Sept. 1)
Our toddler teachers provide an atmosphere promoting natural development through unstructured activities, free play and group play. Christian ideals are emphasized through practicing good manners and learning to share. Books, songs and object labeling are some of the things introduced to the children.
Twos (Two years old by Sept. 1)
Teachers for the two year olds encourage the development of cooperative play in the classroom and on the playground. The class schedule includes chapel, music and story time on a regular basis. Activities and crafts introduce colors, seasons, holiday and shapes in a fun way.
Mothers Day Out policies
- All classes are filled based on the child's age as of Sept. 1.
- Children under the age of two as of Sept. 1 may only attend two days per week until their second birthday.
- A registration fee must accompany the application when it is returned to the director. This fee is equal to one month's tuition. There will be nine months tuition beginning in August.
- If a class is full, you will be put on a waiting list and no fees will be due until space becomes available. You will be contacted in the order that you were put on the list.
- In the event any class is less than half capacity, the school has the right to change or cancel that class.
- Note: All classes have two adults who have been trained in pediatric first aid and CPR.
Threes (Three years old by Sept. 1)
Teachers provide continued learning of colors, shapes and numbers through fun activities and crafts, which develop many large motor skills. Threes are introduced to phonics while the fours are introduced to a reading and writing readiness program. Class schedules include chapel, music and story time. Three year olds take field trips. We also teach Spanish and physical education on a weekly basis.
Fours (Four years old by Sept. 1)
The certified teachers for the four year olds concentrate on providing a kindergarten-readiness program. The classes are taught through a multi-sensory approach to learning in a fun, non-pressured atmosphere. Class schedules include chapel, music, reading and writing readiness program, and story time on a regular basis. Fours develop a working knowledge of computers and develop large and small motor skills through sorting and patterning. Spanish and physical education are taught on a weekly basis. Fours also attend plays and go on field trips. All classes have two adults who have been trained in pediatric first aid and CPR. Pre-K fours teachers have early education degrees and classroom experience.
- Current two and three-year-olds are eligible for pre-school and may be registered by completing an application and returning it to the director no later than the deadline on the application. Parents of upcoming three year olds may choose from a Tuesday/Thursday, Monday/Wednesday/Friday or a Monday-Friday schedule. Parents of upcoming four-year-olds may choose a Monday-Thursday or a Monday-Friday schedule.
Join us for summer fun at RMPC in June and July!! We have two sessions available that run Monday through Thursday.
Session 1: June 12th - June 29th
Session 2: July 10th - July 27th
Child enrollment ages: August 2010 - November 2016
For more information and registration forms, please click the link below.