Men and Women of Reid Memorial
While worship is the center of our life together as a congregation, the adult education and small group experiences are where people receive the teaching they need to grow in their faith in Jesus Christ, learn more about the Christian life, and become connected to others in our Reid Memorial community of faith. Our adult ministry focus is to nurture, support and encourage adults in their spiritual journey towards God through creative and structured programs of study and fellowship.
Sunday School – 9:30 – 10:15 AM on Sunday mornings
Classes held in the Fellowship Hall
Join us during Advent as we explore C.S. Lewis's beloved chronicles of Narnia and how they relate to Advent, particularly focusing on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Be sure to bring your own stories of Advent and what it meant to wait for the coming King in the form of an infant.
Led by: Woody Belangia
1. January 7th -- Who/what are Powers & Principalities?
2. January 14th -- Powers in the Old Testament from Genesis to the Prophets
3. January 21st -- The Prince of this World: a theology of Satan
4. January 28th -- Christus Victor: Christ’s defeat of the Powers
5. February 4th -- The Holy Spirit and End of the World
6. February 11th -- Spiritual discipline and victory over the Powers in Christ
For Audio and Text download of the series, click the following link:
- Circle No. 5 (Presbyterian Women Supporting Women – PWSW) - Meets the third Thursday of each month, 6:30-8 p.m., September-May. Light refreshments and fellowship begin the evening followed by discussion of a book or Bible study. Personal prayer needs are shared and monitored to see what God is doing in our lives. Contact Cheryl Wilson(706) 868-1663 to connect.
- Circle No. 6 (Suzanne Morris Baker circle) - This circle meets in Fellowship Hall at Reid Memorial the third Monday of the month, 10 a.m. New members are welcome. The Joy Gift Dinner and installation of officers is in December. An offering is collected for various projects. Call Maureen (706) 733-6139 and tell her you want to visit!
Howington Bible Study
It begins with a slow buzz, then the intensity of the buzz grows as one by one, ladies start gathering. Before you know it, the room is ablaze with laughter, sharing, and the excitement of everyone having gathered for sharing stories, Bible Study and prayer. Experience the buzzzz! Call (706) 733-2312 to connect. Cost for each participant is $20 for the year.
- Tuesdays, 7:45-9 a.m., 2312 Walton Way
- Tuesdays, 9:45-11 a.m. – Choir Room, Reid Memorial - The Mustard Seeds - a young group that admits to knowing nothing! - with Nursery provided.
- Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m., Choir Room, Reid Memorial
- Thursdays, 10-11:30 a.m., Choir Room, Reid Memorial
Young Women of Faith Bible Study- Led by Anna Sander -Wednesday from 5:30 - 6:30 in Room 230 (upstairs in the Adult Education Wing) is currently working through Lisa Terkeurst's Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands. Chidcare is provided
Young Women of Faith Bible Study- Led by Anna Sanders -Wednesday from 5:30 - 6:30 in Room 230 (upstairs in the Adult Education Wing) starts back August 24th with a look at Kara Tippetts' book, the Hardest Peace .Child care is provided.
Lunch & Learn
Real Life, Real Faith
Real life happens whether you like it or not! Build a fortress of faith that will withstand crisis and challenges. Lean on God's promises, pray with expectancy, and forge life-giving friendships so you can leave a legacy of integrity and faith.
Robyn Dykstra will share her amazing faith journey. As a former Playboy Bunny-Red Hot Mess with a reckless disregard for God, she experienced the transforming power of God’s love. Years later, as a fully surrendered Christian woman who was widowed twice, she experienced the power of God’s faithfulness. Come for a few laughs laugh…. Maybe a few tears…... most importantly, come to reconnected with God.
Join us for our next Lunch & Learn Thursday, March 16th from 11:30 until 1:00 pm with Robyn Dykstra presenting an inspiring message of forgiveness, hope and faith. The cost of lunch is $5.00. Reservations can be made by emailing Joy Weigle at email@example.com
Reid Singles is our newest group for those 35 and above who are widowed, divorced, or never married. We plan to gather at least once a month for friendship and fellowship. Our first event is a cooking class, "Hardy Fall Food Festival," at Williams-Sonoma (Augusta Mall), Wednesday, 9.28, 6pm. Please call Williams-Sonoma (706.736.6006) by 9.21 to register. Cost is $20. Contact Mariann (706.793.8261 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Friday Prayer breakfast held at the CLC
Real eggs, real sausage, real biscuits and grits! It is open to all men in the community. Grandfathers to grandsons of various Christian faiths attend. Enjoy a freshly cooked breakfast, fellowship and prayer time together. Breakfast begins promptly at 7 a.m. and ends before 8 a.m.
Senior Adult Ministries
Our ministry enables our over 55-year old members to extend their church family relationships and grow in their knowledge of God’s plan.
Past gatherings have included spiritually enriching programs, day trips, local concerts, dinners and luncheons. You are invited to come join us and make some new friends or just enjoy some old friendships. Please remember that our senior adults are always encouraged to invite a guest to join them for our activities – the more, the merrier! Contact Denise Rosenzweig with your future program ideas or comments about our past events.
Join Reid Men Outdoors as we attend the annual Mantreat at Montreat, April 21 - 23, 2017
Held at the beautiful Montreat Conference center, Mantreat is a chance to bond with your Christian brothers and grow deeper in the faith through shared stories and activities. The Mantreat will also offer optional hands-on activities to learn new skills, like blacksmithing, whittling, fly-fishing, hiking, etc. There will be time for community and time to be alone. Participants can stay in Assembly Inn, the Montreat campground, or commute from private housing. Those of us who attended two years ago can attest that it can be a powerful experience! The event begins Friday, April 21st with registration, 3:30 -5:30 pm and ends Sunday, April 23rd with closing worship following breakfast.
If you are interested in attending, you can contact Woody Belangia (email@example.com) for registration information and details on specific travel plans