Mother’s Day Out and Preschool Director - Open Position
Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church is seeking a Program Director for our half-day Mother’s Day Out and Preschool Program with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and a minimum of 4 years of relative experience.
Our program is an integral part of the Christian Education program at Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church. We are looking for a very enthusiastic, strategic thinker with good interpersonal skills and a love for children, who can manage all aspects of growing and promoting our school.
We are seeking a Christian who can articulate their calling to the ministry of administering a Christ-centered preschool, who has experience with the centralized church budget process, and who can also demonstrate their conviction through intentional preparation, past performance and current practice
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, coordinate, and supervise staff members—maintain a record on each employee
- Curriculum development
- Maintain regulatory compliance
- Review and evaluate educational policies for the School, make recommendations to Board
- Annual budget planning and management in accordance with the church budget
- Follow and implement all directives, policies, and procedures while maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times
- Motivate and inspire teachers by identifying strengths and opportunities amongst all staff members
- Student enrollment
- Maintain an accurate accounting of School supplies and equipment, purchasing supplies as needed
- Write and/or update staff handbooks as needed
- Hold regular staff meetings and staff training
- Attend Board meetings (monthly, or as called) to discuss activities and requests
- Conduct ninety (90) day “New Hire” evaluations for new staff and annual evaluations of all staff members of the Preschool and report to Board.
- Maintain adequate and accurate work schedules for the staff as well as records of attendance in compliance with set ratio of student to staff
- Ensure appropriate integration of the Preschool program into the overall ministry of the Church, as well as working closely with our Director of Christian Education
- Communicate and cooperate with our Pastor concerning operational functions of the School
- Responsible for the collection and deposit of fees
- Be responsible for accurate financial record keeping
- Work with the Board to establish the yearly spending plan
- Maintain all required State and Federal records and make them available for inspection
- Maintain a current record for each student for inspection by those authorized
- Conduct fire drills as required by the county and state AND provide an emergency evacuation plan and post
- Ensure all applicable licenses and certificates are current and available for inspection
- Ensure toys, equipment, and facilities are clean, and in good repair
- Hold fundraisers and determine where monies will be spent, with Board approval
- Make unscheduled visits to all classrooms
- Provide emergency plan and post
- Provide school calendar for Board approval
- Return feedback from staff and parents to Board
- Director should maintain presence at the Preschool at varying times including early morning opening and evening closing.
1. Strong leadership skills, supervisory and customer service skills with sensitivity to working in a diverse educational and Christian work environment.
2. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (preferably with an emphasis in early childhood education) and a minimum of 4 years of experience working with children in a preschool or early developmental education environment.
3. Has demonstrated flexibility and agility for work with children in an ever changing environment.
4. Has experience in the preparation and implementation of a budget/spending plan, maintaining staff hours and schedules, and payroll.
5. Certified in Infant/Child CPR and First Aid.
6. Advanced Excel and MS Office knowledge.
Interested parties should contact Elizabeth Mendoza.
Resumes can be submitted via email to: email@example.com
Church office number: (706)733-2275